This page is kept updated semi-regularly with what we are up to now.
Annabelle and Cassian turned 3 and 1, respectively, at the beginning of 2019. Joe and Ali turn 34 and 33, respectively, in the middle of 2019.
Keep reading below to see what we’re learning, reading, listening to, and where in the world we are now!
– We have settled near Seattle, Washington for the foreseeable future, near Joe’s family while the kids are young.
Learning & Growing
– Joe is working on being present and developing discipline and habits.
– Ali is taking a weekly painting class.
– Annabelle is attending preschool 9am-12pm weekdays. She loves reading and is currently very into ballet and garbage trucks.
– Cassian is learning to walk and loves eating.
Reading Non-fiction: Travel Other travel likely, TBD. Working Charity Last updated on March 13, 2019.
– Joe is currently reading The Magicians, Paul Newman: A Life, and Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World. Click here to show/hide the list of all books Joe has read in 2019.
We have the following trips planned:
– Boston (Ali. March 2019.)
– Temecula, CA (Joe, Ali, Annabelle, Cassian. April 2019.)
– New Jersey (Joe. April 2019.)
– Camp Mustache (Joe and Ali. Memorial Day 2019.)
– Germany (Joe. September 2019.)
– We will hit the four year anniversary of our early retirement in June of 2019.
– Our planned 2019 charitable donations total ~$5,200, mostly to overseas charities, due to a large influence from the excellent book by Peter Singer, The Life You Can Save.
– Joe is volunteering twice weekly at the local Habitat for Humanity, one day (~4 hour shift) in the office and one day (~6 hour shift) on the donation truck, lifting and moving donated construction materials and other items.
Inspired by Derek Sivers.
Other travel likely, TBD.
Last updated on March 13, 2019.